Friday, November 12, 2010

Elements of Design




What do you see? I see a girl holding an umbrella, looking somewhere far away like she's reminiscing. Behind her are trees, and sort of a structured shape (the railings), which contradicts with the natured shapes.

How is the work organized? The image is in the rule of thirds. The image was also focused on the subject, which is the girl and the umbrella, and this was done intentionally. The reason for this is because I wanted to capture her with the umbrella and the nature in the background. I wanted the picture to turn out according to the elements of design. As you can see, the image has lines (the railing that contradicts with the trees), and also a good contrast. The tone is light on the subject and rather dark on the background.

What is the artist trying to communicate? What I'm trying to communicate is that the contrast between the tones and the shapes in the picture are very capturing/interesting. The girl sort of represents natural shape, while the umbrella represents a structured one, just like the railing and the trees. You can also tell the image was taken outdoors where there was plenty of sunlight and it showed brightly in some spaces on the subject.

What do you think of the work? I think that the work turned out very nice. I believe that the work was successful because it came out how I wanted, and I like how the elements of design are incorporated in this picture.

No comments:

Post a Comment